Wednesday 16 January 2008

'The Last Escape' has been released

Today is the day. My first book 'The last escape' is now for sale from the Bangkok Bookhouse website and will soon be available in bookshops throughout Thailand and other parts of South East Asia. It is hardly going to take the world by storm but it is a nice feeling to have it out there anyway.

As well as a bit of pride in the book's release I also admit feeling slightly anxious. This book reveals a lot about my personal history and many of the incidents which I describe are far from flattering . Did I do the right thing by allowing this to enter the pubic domain? Reading the blurb about my book on the Bangkok Bookhouse website, my first reaction was that it really focuses on the 'hopeless drunk' aspect of things. Never mind that this I wrote the blurb myself.

The fact is though that I was a hopeless drunk and did a lot of things for which I am not proud. I did change and today I'm a different person but this doesn't mean that past should be just hidden and forgotten, at least that's what I think. I am very much a product of this past and I owe everything that I have today to it. I do feel regret about the times my actions hurt other people but my history is as much a part of me as my skin.

As well as feeling a bit of pride in having a book published, I also hope that my story can help somebody out there dealing with an addiction problem. I know that my blog encouraged a couple of people to seek help and it would be nice to think that 'The last escape' will continue to act as an inspiration. Life does get better when you quit an addiction and in my case it is far better than I would ever have dared to dream. I can still have bad days but nowhere near as bad as when I was drinking. I now love my life.

'The last escape' is now available for sale at;
http://www.bangkokbooks.com/

No comments: